
A couple of weeks ago, I was teaching piano and one of my students earned a package of Starbursts. When the lesson was over, the Starbursts could no longer by found. I couldn't put my finger on it until I discovered Dessie with her hands behind her back hiding behind the living room couch. She had a little nest for herself with stacks of old wrappers hidden behind couch cushions and pillows. Up until this year, if I ever asked Dessie if she was eating candy or doing something else I hadn't approved of, she would just tell me so. Well, it looks like she has developed a conscious enough to try to hide her wrong-doings. I also found little nests behind the window in the guest bedroom, in her pillowcase and underneath the desk in the toy room. Sigh. I guess this really is an inherited trait.



No comments:
Post a Comment