Sunday, January 6, 2008

Top 10 Holiday Highlights

We call this picture, "The Face of Christmas." We had such a great holiday that we wanted to preserve some of our memories by making lists of our Holiday Highlights.


Kayla.
1. Eating wrapping paper when no one was looking
2. Eating the orange peels from stockings when no one was looking
3. Eating the Little People Nativity set when no one was looking
4. Eating the sand out of her new sandbox when no one was looking…(this is a pattern)
5. Eating berries from the wreath when no one was looking
6. Her new Christmas dress that balloons out when she scoots
7. Stealing tree ornaments
8. Playing “fetch” with new Christmas toys
9. Walking lessons with Uncle Ben
10. Lots of extra attention from Uncles, Aunts, Grandpa and Grandma

Ella.
1. Thomas the train pillowcase
2. Meeting Santa
3. Opening red presents
4. Decorating the tree
5. Learning Christmas music—a new favorite: “Santa Claus is coming to town.”
6. Receiving packages from friends
7. Polar Express movie
8. Having family visit
9. Sneaking treats and eating them unsupervised in a locked bathroom
10. Riding her new bike
(Ella's face when family had to go home.)

Lauren.
1. Stuff in a Bucket holiday drink
2. Ella’s face Christmas morning
3. The ability to threaten Ella to be good by invoking Santa (going to miss this)
4. Enjoying Christmas as a mother and a daughter
5. Sibling sleepover
6. Playing “In The Manner of the Adverb” with family
7. Receiving Christmas cards and completing my Christmas cards
8. Making a Christmas cd with my siblings as a gift
9. Having my mom make Christmas dinner
10. Caroling to neighbors

Stephen.
1. The trip to Six Flags
2. Lewis Family Basketball Championship
3. Watching Ella open gifts
4. Stuff in a Bucket holiday drink
5. Receiving 12 days of Christmas from an anonymous source
6. Hanging Christmas lights (he says with a chuckle)
7. Grandma Lewis’ cinnamon rolls
8. Nightly games
9. Live Nativity
10. Hike around Grapevine Lake

I call this picture, "The Face of Six Flags."

We truly have been blessed this year and are excited to begin a new one!

10 comments:

Julie said...

what a great idea! Ella's face is priceless. And what is this "holiday drink"...sounds interesting. I didn't know you all went to six flags. How fun!!

brittany said...

what a great holiday list! i love the picture of ella's face in the christmas picture and at six flags, so cute!

The Steel's said...

So many fun pictures. I love the first one..you should send that in somewhere. It is perfect for Christmas. Your girls are so darling. We are glad you guys had a wonderful holiday.

Debbi said...

Love the lists! Sounds like Ella had a great time in bathrooms with treats! haha! Your girls are so cute!

Off the subject but I know you are a reader, have you read the A Great and Terrible Beauty series? I'm reading the 3rd and final book now (it just came out) and was wondering you had been into this series & what you thought.

Sarah said...

I love Ella's faces! They are so cute. She is such a funny girl and reminds me so much of someone else I know ;) It looks like you guys had such a great Christmas with your family, and I love the lists. I was also laughing about Ella locking herself in the bathroom with treats, what a smart girl :)

Wendy said...

lauren- you guys look like you had such a fun christmas. it makes me want to come and spend the holiday with you next year :) your girls are so cute. the pictures of ella are priceless. i love how kids are so open with their emotions! also, i would love the drink recipe, please share.

Shauna said...

Did we miss out on the carolling???? Macy is sitting on my lap right now screaming "Ella!!! ELLA!!!" You might be able to hear her! :)

{Erica} said...

what a great idea ...doing lists. I love the first picture of Ella and then the one where she's crying...so sad but so cute that she cried when family had to leave! looks like you had a wonderful christmas full of much fun and merriment. Your girls are adorable...and getting so big!!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

LOVE the concise highlights! My favs were all of the "eating" ones. Hilarious!

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Yea, out with the special drink recipe! Kelli and I take our Christmas beverages very seriously. One of my favorite gifts this year was a Choco-latte machine - MMMMmmmm - nothing like a good holiday beverage on tap.

And how did you ever get your family to come out for Christmas, Lauren? Is the six flags close by? I'm wondering where Stephen slept on Christmas Eve. I happen to know from my past experience sharing sleeping quarters with Steve that he really appreciates his personal space. Although, I suspect that living in a place called Flower Mound is slowly breaking Stephen down into quite a warm fuzzy type of guy!