1. Kayla has lost all of her confidence in walking. She walked up and down the hallways at Church last Sunday but by Monday morning, she decided she could no longer walk. Goodbye walk, hello scoot. Anyone have any ideas on how to build her confidence...I'd be happy to hear them!!
2. Stephen sprained his ankle playing Saturday morning basketball. Ouch. I call this picture: "Just Over the Hill: Life After Age 30."
3. Where I could get Ella to try the potty daily, she will now not even go near it and she refuses to have her diaper changed! Yuck.
I think I'll forego posting my own setbacks--let's just say I have my fair share.



20 comments:
wow his ankle looks bad! i hope he gets feeling better, and good luck with your girls, I hope things start looking up!
Stephen - Looks like a real cankle to me!! Take it easy. I like your sexy white legs too! That just cracks we up about Kayla and Ella. It will be fun to see you next week (wish we could see everyone).
Oh so sad for all the Rebers! It sounds like it would be a good time for me to come and steal Ella and Kayla and have them come play with Callin for a while. So I take it you did end up buying more diapers? Dang it! She is so stubborn- now if you could just direct that towards big girl panties! Kayla just had to prove to everyone that she was indeed very smart, but she appears to be laid back and doesn't like to rush life!
Wow- that ankle does look really bad. And then on his other foot his toe nail is all black. It looks like Stephen doesn't have very good luck with those feet!
I don't know anything about the potty training adventures, but Chance has gone back and forth with his walking as well. One day he will do better than the next day. It seems like he doesn't have a lot of confidence walking either. Or maybe he is just too scared of falling. I just try to keep him on his feet as much as possible and hope the he will realize some day that he really can do it! It will happen... some day!
Holy cow I DO remember Trevor's pig! I had forgotten about that thing. Though I must say that his pig wasn't nearly as cute. Actually it probably more resembled that picture of your husband's ankle! OUCH! Oh and I LOVE the purse contents psychoanalysis! I may have to do that to myself one of these days but I'm terryfied of what I might find. Cute bag though!!
I can totally relate to the potty situation. Brylee was totally trained for a week and then decided that she just didn't want to do it anymore. I was beside myself. Everyone kept saying she will do it when she is ready and I was so sick of hearing that but it was the truth. I knew that she knew how and it was going to be up to her to just do it. So I totally laid off. The pee part was a breeze and for the other the only thing that worked to get her to go was orange trident gum. I wish I would have known that months ago. I have spent so much money on rewards I could have saved a ton. I feel your pain hang in there! As for Stephen we are getting old. Right before I had Brylee my husband threw his back out playing ball and I had to wheel him into my c-section. I wasn't very happy. ha ha
P.S. I wish you lived closer, I have tons of pull ups left.
argh - that ankle looks bad. you might need to see a podiatryst (haha! that is what my husband is in school for in case you didn't know). Too bad about the walker issue, I don't know any good advice.
Ouch!! Stephen's ankle looks pretty bad! I love your title of the photos, hahaha. I think that's why church ball is so dangerous - old men play like they think they're still 20 ;) I hope it heals fast! And maybe Kayla just wanted to see if she really could walk, and is just happy scooting around. She'll probably start walking when she's ready, it took Anna forever because she HATED to fall down. We all end up walking eventually ;) And miss Ella cracks me up! She is so funny, and I'm sure she will end up potty trained as well - when she decides she's ready! I wish I could send Anna over to show her how cool going in the potty really is. Peer pressure can be awesome that way! Does she have anyone she totally admires close to her age that could show her how cool it is? I bet that would help.
Good luck with everything!! We totally have our own things too if it makes you feel any better!! :) Miss you!!!!
Ouch! That looks like it hurts. Clint hurt his thumb one day playing basketball and I have had to hear about it for weeks. Men really are just little babies :) One positive about Kayla not walking is that she might not be able to get into as much stuff?!? Or maybe not, it looks like she has master the scoot pretty well. Potty training...I have no advice. I have just decided to wait until my Ella is ready and not try to fight her on it. It has to be easier that way, doesn't it??
It has been forever since I have been able to check out everyone's blogs and comment so I'm trying to play catch up. After seeing/reading your posts I have come to a few conclusions: 1. You need to compile all of your parenting tips into a book. 2. My kids aren't the only candyholics. 3. I want to stay in my twenties forever!!!
Lexie took forever to potty train. But I just dealt with it and waited until she was ready. It definately paid off. She decided to go for it a week or so before Nate was born (she was almost 38 months old) but she's only had 4 or 5 accidents and isn't even wearing pull ups at night.
At her 3 yr check our ped. said to celebrate her birthday every month with a big girl no diaper day. He said she eventually get it and pressuring her too much wouldn't help. We didn't end up doing it but it's an idea.
Oh, let me know if you want our pull ups. We have quite a few and I'd love to get rid of them. They're a little too pink to save and we only know potty training boys.
Yuck and ouch!! Sorry about the backpedaling for the kids. Tomorrow is a new day!! Maybe it will change very soon.
church ball is dangerous! His ankle looks really bad!! Hope he heals up soon!
Hope Stephen gets feeling better. As for the girls, don't stress. Things will happen when they are good and ready. (OK, I know that isn't a comfort to you.) But seriously, it will happen!
Yowzers! That looks way bad. And what is with your other foot's toenail..ingrown, fungus? You should cover up for awhile. Poor guys, that looks painful.
Potty training is the worst! Kids truly do have a mind of their own. We just have to encourage them and keep reminding them that pee and poop go in the potty not in our underwear. One thing I did was have them wear pull-ups that I only let be called "underwear" so that they didn't start thinking they were just diapers and then when they wore actual underwear I called them "panties" And of course just a small treat like a bag of Starburst or something that they can have one if they go pee or two if they go poop. But those treats are only for potty treats. Good luck! I know everyone has their own techniques and every child is different!
And of course you can add me to your buddy list! I had already added you to mine!
Lauren you make me laugh, its nice to know that my life is normal after reading your latest post...poor Stephen...who said turning 30 is easy?!
PS If it makes you feel better, when Jordan was born Tay was 3 and FULLY POTTY trained when Jordan was at Primarys I came home and Tay decided she was going to wear diapers! YA I had to potty train her all over again!
Ok I didn't read all the comments, forgive if I repeat, but for the walking you should try squeaky shoes, the make noise when stepped down on. They are really fun for kids, you may have to google them, but try squeakyshoes.com first. Darn church ball, and I too am dealing with the potty, good luck.
Hey Lauren! Sorry to hear about Stephen's ankle. No fun at all. What is it with church ball? All I can think of with the setbacks is to just be patient. It will all happen. I think kids sense when we feel an urgency or impatience with things. I struggle with it all too. As a mom it's just hard to know what is a big deal and what's not. But kids eventually potty train and walk too. I haven't met many teenagers who haven't learned it. You're doing a great job. Hang in there with it all! Hope to see you soon.
Are you serious you big BABY! Let me know when you are on crutches for 3-4 months with no wait barring, cant play for 8-12months and had 2 surgerys hoping that it will even get better! POW! Right back at ya! Val wants me to make sure you know I wrote this and not her. TYLER
Post a Comment