Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Anti-Ella

This blog is dedicated to all of the Lafayette moms who remember me spending the bulk of our three-hour church block in the hallways with Ella trying to get her to sleep...or even to just stop crying. She always was a "crib only" baby. But, Kayla is "flex city." This is what our Miss Kayla is doing by the time the third hour rolls around. That's right. Hand this child her blanket and a bottle and she's dead asleep on that pokey industrial carpet! Crazy kid! I guess I can put my dreams of a "naptime nursery room" in every church building on hold for now :)


Anyway, as I was outlining this blog, I found Ella dead asleep under daddy's desk. I guess there's a first time for everything and she loves proving me wrong :) She's moving from one nap to no nap and some days are just too long apparently.

18 comments:

Momma Malia said...

i think a nap room at church is a great idea! it is so stressful trying to get your baby to sleep and not melt down when you have church that starts at naptime. it almost makes you want to just stay home!

Sarah said...

Yay Kayla! That is so awesome that she sleeps so well for you, even at church! It amazes me how different our kids can be from each other :) The picture of Ella crashed under the desk is so cute! And I'm so sad for you that she's started to skip her nap sometimes. It was the saddest day ever when Anna stopped napping. If only we lived closer and could rotate days with the girls so we'd have at least a few full Katie/Kayla naptimes without them! :) Sounds good to me ;)

jeny said...

That is cute of Ella. I have a picture of Joshua asleep on the kitchen floor when he was a baby.

kgoody said...

Oh How I love nap times where ever they are! I have to come home to put Calli down for her nap.

Kelley Hauck said...

You deserve it! Ella is such a funny girl... has a mind of her own and I love it. I hope potty training has continued to go well- I'm ready to go back to diapers. Mason has totally regressed. Oh well it was a nice month while it lasted! Miss ya'.

Crystal said...

That is totally impressive! I wish my Ella was that way.

Debbie said...

I noticed that little Kayla wasn't out with the majority of the 14-17 month olds yesterday at church. What a blessing she will nap at church. Few of mine have done that after being newborns. I was in the hall - all but 20 minutes yesterday - for the complete block. Not sure what I really got out of church, but I know it was where I should be.

Ella likes to prove you wrong, doesn't she Lauren? What a cozy place to grab a nap. They are sweet girls.

Unknown said...

That is so funny. Just yesterday I told Doug that I am seriously considereing one of us being inactive each week and taking turns "napping" at home with Callin. He is a distaster with no nap- or sometimes even worse with a 15 minute-carseat-and-then-the-organ-wakes-him-up nap... Kayla is such a champ! I will sign your petition to Salt Lake!

brittany said...

lucky you! i got two "Ella's". They won't sleep anywhere. But, that is great that Kayla will sleep anywhere. enjoy it!!

Jane said...

My kids weren't big church nappers....glad you have one that is. I think it is great Ella caught a nap under her dad's desk. So great!

Roberts Fam said...

wow I am impressed my kid are only bed only nappers! She is to cute!

bdub said...

What is she wearing?

LeChem Fam said...

Hey Rebers! It's been a while since we have talked, it was great to see your blog. Your girls are dolls and it was nice to see what you have been up to. You are such a cute fun family!

LeChem Fam said...

Hey Rebers! It's been a while since we have talked, it was great to see your blog. Your girls are dolls and it was nice to see what you have been up to. You are such a cute fun family!

Summer Jensen said...

Just seeing how peaceful Ella looks asleep makes me want to go home and take a nap myself!

Lacey said...

I hate giving up naps too! I don't have any more nappers...on a great occasion Kendyll will fall asleep during her "movie time" but I have to say I end up paying for it later when she's still up and going at 10 pm that night! I think I prefer her going to bed at 8 pm than taking a nap during the day now that she only wakes up completely onery! (spelling?) But I do love being able to watch them sleep during the day. They are just so dang sweet!

Wendy said...

wow! that is so impressive. we have church from 1:00-4:00 and i wish jarrett would pull a kayla every week.

Kristy said...

I love it!