I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! These pictures probably say it all, but can I just say how much the commercial aspect of Easter is so overwhelmingly appealing to my sweet Ella. And why wouldn't it be! I can just see the visions she has of a fluffy bunny giving her this huge amount of treats in colorful eggs that she gets to collect herself. We let her go crazy hunting eggs, but last night I confiscated all of the candy and will be redistributing it as potty treats. (Note: Potty treats have become so popular in this house, that many of the neighbor kids have now chosen to use our potty before their own, he he!)
While the girls had their own brand of fun enjoying the candy, cute dresses and sugar cookies galore, I have to say that I enjoyed the quieter time to reflect on the Savior. Church was a feast of good words and good music and I enjoyed it immensely. I also love how family centered this holiday is. We took Easter goodie baskets around to our neighbors and everyone was enjoying dinners with families and friends. We also had a chance to do this ourselves and we all had a lot of fun celebrating the life of Christ while surrounded by good friends.
Ella and friends at our Easter party!
PS- Ella has been using the Spanish word for Easter eggs--thank you Dora!



17 comments:
Maybe I should start putting treats by our potty! My husband would love nothing more.
Looks like you had a fun Easter. Your musical talents added so much to a great Sunday at church yesterday. Thanks for sharing your talents with us all. Hope you are all doing well. I love the Easter goodies too. Your girls are too cute. And your party looks fun.
So glad you guys found us! Looks like an awesome Easter! Yes, you'll have to pass along some moving advice.
LOVE that first picture of Ella...totally shows her personality. Looks like you had a great Easter.
p.s. Mailee doesn't say "open" she will only say "Abre"....she has NEVER said it in English...thanks Dora! :)
I also love the first picture of Ella :) I can imagine what a fabulous Easter she had! And your Easter party looks like it was so much fun! We only wish we could have been there. We totally loved doing some of your traditions this year and missed you dearly at anything fun that we did. Also, I am laughing so hard at your house being the "potty house". Hahaha, that is too funny :)
Our baskets have a little candy but mostly - squirt guns, flip flops, kites and goggles.
It looks like you had a great Easter party!
So fun!
BTW, it has been way too long since we've seen you guys!
i think all little kids love the commercial aspect of easter. why wouldn't they? your girls are so cute. i love all the stories you tell of ella. i can't wait to meet her some day.
Looks like you had a wonderful Easter! I'm guessing your party was a lot of fun.
Im glad you had such a wonderful Easter...and I love the act of the re-using candy for potty treats...been there done that!
Fun Easter! We're waiting as long as possible for the Easter Bunny to visit our house. Luckily our girls haven't figured it out yet.
That first picture is so funny! I wish I was your neighbor or you mine, so that our girls could have Easter parties and hang out together.
Your such a good mom to have a Easter party for your cute girls. I never even think of those kinds of things. Glad to see you guys such a great time.
That picture of Ella is classic. And I can't believe how old Kayla is looking. Your party looked like fun, we missed you here!
Random.. I love the sofa in the last photo!
Gotta love the toes in the Easter basket. YUMMM!!!
Post a Comment