Thursday, December 6, 2007

Realization

I just recently found out that I am old. I was called to be an Activity Day leader for the 8-year-olds. Guess what! The new ones joining us this year were born the year I graduated from high school! Crazy! Luckily, whenever I feel really old, I just remind myself that Stephen is so much older than me :) (He was born in the 70s and is turning 30 this January!--sorry for ratting you out, hon!)

Anyway, the girls will be visiting a nursing home in a couple of weeks as a service project. And they will be making ornaments and cards to take. So, I have been designing some cards. This one is my favorite. What do you think? It would probably take too much time for the girls to make this pop-up card. But, I just loved it!

Front


Inside

13 comments:

Kelley Hauck said...

That is a perfect calling for you! The girls will love you! We miss you here. We had the ornament exchange last night and there was no trolley... anyways! We miss you.

Kelley Hauck said...

I guess we miss you 2x since I wrote that down twice! Never hurts to review first!

Sarah said...

That card is SO cute! I don't know how you come up with this stuff. And you will be so great with the 8 year olds! Such a fun age, and you will be perfect for them. And I'm with Kelley, we totally missed you last night and talked about you and the lack of the trolley ornament for us all to steal :) We miss you!!

Julie said...

Wow!! I like it. It looks like the real deal. You should try selling some. Cards are fun to make. Oh and thanks for the Parenting tip. I made a "note to self" when I read it!!

brittany said...

That is amazing! I wish you had been my leader.

Debbi said...

I just had that calling (before they spilt our ward) and I loved it! I even snuck over there last night just to say hi to the girls! Good luck - and don't feel too old

Crystal said...

Isn't it crazy when you realize that you are the age you remember your parents and relatives being. It doesn't make me feel old, it's just weird because I definitely don't feel as old as I am. The card is adorable and if that is your handwriting on the inside, it's beautiful!

{Erica} said...

holy crappity crap...how'd you make it pop up? you must tell me! :)

jeny said...

You are quite the scrapper! That is WAY cute.

Debbie said...

love the card! Very cute and clever. How do you make pop-up cards? Would love to learn from you.

kgoody said...

Wow arent you just soooo crafty!! That is so cute. I never even get into that stuff any more. Its sad I know but it always seems so over whelming of where to start. I wonder if Brandon remembers that his birthday is in Jan also, but he'll be 31. He will go through another depression when he does remember. We realized last year a couple months after that he was 30. We couldnt ever keep it straight. I was looking at a paper that had his age on it and I told him. I wont ever be the one to break bad news to him again.

The Steel's said...

Activity Days will be so fun. I loved that when I was little..when it was Merry Miss. That will be perfect for you. The cards are darling too, I am sure they could make it, might take awhile.

Cathy said...

Hi Lauren - Check out my sister-in-laws blog. She used to sell her cards but now makes the patterns available on her blog. I think they are relative simple and use actually use a needle and embroidery thread to decorate the card. I think she has a cute Christmas one on there now. Her site is www.makeandtakes.com

Good luck.
cath