Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Arizona--Stop 1


Arizona
We have now been in Arizona for a few days and my fingers are bleeding, my fingernails are shot and my back hurts. I have been helping Mom with her rental house that is currently vacant. I don’t know how she keeps working like that—it is pretty amazing. Luckily, we worked in some break time to visit my dear friends, Anna, Kristen and their cute kiddos. Plus, we headed over to the Milletts for a little dinner and some time on the four-wheelers. They were so thrilled to meet our sweet little Olena and we were happy to show her off.



My Summer Vacation
Ella loves counting out the number of days that we go on vacation. For her, the longer the vacation, the better it is. There is only one downside: Daddy does not join us for most of our travels. She has taken to writing and sending him long letters (especially during church). In her last letter she wrote: "Sometimes people go on vacations like in the summer. I think our family goes somewhere every summer except my dad. He has to work, which I think is boring. I really miss my dad especially when we are gone for a long time."
It is definitely hard to be without our Daddy, but since we can stay close through gchat and cell phones, we feel like it is a worthwhile sacrifice to build memories with our extended family. Our next stop: Cousin’s Camp California Style.

No comments: