Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ella


Isn't she a cutie! Ella's first grade photo turned out really well--I remember my first grade photo because I was missing six teeth! This has been a really fun year for me to observe how independent and mature Ella is becoming. I bought her an alarm clock and she faithfully sets it herself and gets herself up and ready in the morning. She even independently cleans her room and unloads the dishwasher. She's pretty amazing--almost, all the time. In a way, I'm grateful for the little reminders that she is still a little kid. One of those reminders came home in Ella's backpack one day. I received a notice that her lunch account was empty. This puzzled me A LOT!! I had put $30 dollars in the account at the beginning of the year and intended it to last the entire year. On special occasions, she would be allowed to use it to buy lunch. Well, I brought her in for questioning and soon discovered that she had been buying Blue Bell ice cream nearly daily!!! The money was GONE. Needless to say, her lunch privileges were revoked. After the incident, I found this note taped to my cupboard...

(Translation: TO Mom: I am really, really, really, really sorry for using for much money. Love Ella. I'm sorry for real. Do you forgive me? From Ella)

If that didn't melt like heart like mine did a little, you'll love the note below.


No comments: