Monday, April 21, 2008

A PJ Weekend, Among Other Things


I officially apologize for my very silent blog of last week. I contracted the flu and that put me on the couch in pj's for the entire weekend! Luckily, I have some very wonderful people to thank. I realize that it truly does "take a village to raise a child," because there are just some days you can't get to it!

So thank you to Ella who made me feel better by sticking her head in the bathroom and repeatedly saying, "I'm sorry you're sicking, Mommy." Thank you to my wonderful husband who was supposed to work all day Saturday, but stayed home in the morning to get me set up and the kids taken care of. Thanks to my magnificent neighbor, Shauna who let both my kids play at their house for hours on end. I seriously owe you one--next time you need a mental health day or sick day out, I'm first in line to help! Thanks to Mark who filled in for me with the primary music time at the last moment--he got rave reviews of course. And thanks to his sweet wife Mary who remembered the magical healing powers of sprite. Thanks to everyone who made sure I was taken care of, it was a nice change of pace.

So I'm better now and excited to get back to blogging, because this weekend was a very big weekend for a certain newly turned 18-month old! That's right, Kayla is 18 months
old, which means (among other things) that she officially entered nursery on Sunday.
I missed church, but Stephen informed me that Ella and Kayla walked hand in hand into nursery and there were no tears at the separation. This story made me so happy, that I thought I'd write down some of my very favorite things about Kayla at age 18-months!

1. I LOVE how much Kayla LOVES Ella. The first thing Kayla does every morning is wake Ella up by calling her name and knocking on her door.


2. I LOVE Kayla's smile first thing in the morning.
3. I LOVE that Kayla is now old enough to do the playground thing by herself!


4. I LOVE how she folds her arms when it is time for prayers.


5. I LOVE how she makes her cow sound by saying "hoooo"
6. I LOVE how excited this girl is to brush her teeth. She literally jumps for joy--just watch the movie (sorry for the low quality- I had to compress it this time!). I sure am impressed, because I still have to "find" Ella who seems to make herself scarce when it is time for teeth brushing.


7. I LOVE how this cute girl waves good-bye!



8. I LOVE how she imitates Mommy. Maybe next week, I'll teach her to vacuum.


9. Have I mentioned that one of Kayla's favorite things to do is "clean up." She is any mother's dream child. I just have to start singing the "clean up" song and she moves into gear!


10. I LOVE how independent and playful she is! She jumps; she dances; she runs; she's happy-what more could a mom ask?

Well, these are just a few of the many adorable things that make Kayla such a joy to have around.

17 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for doing that. It's fun to get to know little Kayla a little better. What a cutie. Glad you are feeling better...that's no fun.

mere said...

Glad you are feeling better. What a darling little girl. I can't wait for Dotty to go to nursery, mostly for her...she will love it so much. We actually crashed it this sunday for the last few minutes and she looked at me with a face that said clearly "I can't believe this exists at church!"
Congrats Kayla!

Lacey said...

Not a fun week for you huh? It's good to know there are people around that help us in times of need.
Kayla is adorable. I just love that bright smile of hers!! So cute.

Debbi said...

wow, I'm glad you are feeling better. Mom's can never get sick, when we go down, everything does! Nursery! yeah! I have one week left for my little Noah - but since that is my calling, I take him anyway.

{Erica} said...

sorry your sick...but glad you're feeling better.

YAY for nursery!! I look forward to sunday school and even get to bring my scriptures to church now and USE THEM!

You're such a cute mom and I loved the videos! I so wish we lived closer so my girls could play with your adorable ladies :)

Jane said...

I'm sorry to hear you were ill, but glad you are on the mend. How fortunate Stephen was there to help you get situated.

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you're feeling better! Being sick as a mom is SO not fun. I am so glad that you have such wonderful friends and neighbors and husband to help you out. I'm glad to have you back blogging! I LOVE the videos of Kayla, she is too cute! I love her huge grin, it is adorable. And a huge hooray for nursery! Katie's been going for a few weeks now (I still can't believe that I totally spaced how old she was!) and it is heavenly to have her playing happily in there. Ann Heil is the new nursery leader and she is a.maz.ing. I wish I could go to nursery! ;) I love your girls!

We're the Melessa Family.... said...

Oh, that's rotten. I'm glad your feeling better. And I'm so glad that you have people there who can help in times of need. Cute Kayla. I love reading about your girls on your blog. Such cute personalities!

Aleisha said...

Cute little girl. I love that age

Unknown said...

Hope your feeling better. I hate being sick!

Unknown said...

The comment that I just left under Terran's name is me...Summer! I am logged into Terran's account right now! Just wanted to let you know!

Momma Malia said...

yay for kayla. she does seem like such a fun and happy girl. and thank goodness for big sisters. that makes going to nursery so much easier (i can only imagine!)

kgoody said...

That is so hard for a mom to ever be sick, Im glad you had such great help. Im with you on Kayla cuz Calli is 19 months and does so much on her own.

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Thank goodness for good friends and husbands when Mom is sick! Kayla is such a cute thing. I love when their sweet personalities start to come out.

Crystal said...

So glad you are feeling better. Kayla is such a cutie. Love those videos.

Debbie said...

I didn't even know you were sick. So sorry to hear that. I had a stomach flu over the weekend too. Yuck! I am still trying to get my appetite back.

I loved reading about Kayla. She is such a darling little girl - so mellow and easy going. How would that be? Don't think I've had one like that yet. I can feel your love for her in your writing. I'm sure she can feel it too.

Roberts Fam said...

such cute little girls congrats on nursery and no TEARS WOW! I am glad you are feeling better and that you had alot of wonderful people make you feel better!