The contents of my purse are as follows:
1 plastic bib
3 bouncy balls
1 plastic ornament (well chewed)
1 kid's ipod
1 kid's pair Thomas sunglasses
2 granola bars (yes, the generic brand)
2 baggies of snacks
1 pink sippie cup
1 wallet
1 Burt's Bees chapstick (my VERY favorite)
2 cell phones (in the process of switching)
1 diaper pad
4 size 5 diapers
4 size 3 diapers
1 pack Costco brand wipes
keys with antibacterial soap
1 book, Austen's "Sense and Sensibility"
So what does my purse say about me???
Here are some thoughts!
1. I am a mom (duh).
2. I am a mom who tends to bring the bigger bags with everything in them (the overprepared kind of mom--most of the time). I am also the mom who can't ever find her keys in her bag. The big antibacterial soap addition makes it a little easier to find nowadays though.
3. I do like cute things. Don't you think the bag rocks. Totally cute pink inside print and completely washable exterior. Makes my day. Plus, I purchased it for a stealer deal on a Target clearance rack. The fact that I buy generic snacks and buy clearance items probably says something else about me...I get a natural high from good bargains. Favorite day of the year: Black Friday--still trying to convince my sister to do a documentary (mockumentary) on that blessed day.
4. I would typically classify myself as a very tidy person; however, my purse does not always reap the benefits of this cleanliness. Truth be told, when I come home, I am most likely to just make sure my purse is hanging in the right place without every clearing out any yucky contents. I also tend to just throw diapers in the bag without checking to see if I already have any. CONFESSION: I did not take a picture of the rotting baggie of grapes that I discovered when I pulled out the items in my purse, but yes, they were there.
5. I love to read and am an avid Austen fan. Ever since they've been playing the movies on PBS Masterpiece theater, I have been rereading the books. I'm through all of them except Northanger Abbey, which I have never really liked, so I probably won't reread it. I also hate wasting time, so I generally have a book on me wherever I am, just in case I find myself waiting in the car, or in a line :)
6. Just for the record, I should probably mention that this is only one of several bags I have. I have a separate church bag, a "light errand bag" (meaning mommy minus the kids) and a park bag. To each his own!



12 comments:
Love the bag and the fact you have others...cute!
You definitely are a mom :D The grapes...now that is funny! The bag is very cute and I am impressed how prepared you are. The only thing for Ella that I have in my purse, sometimes, is a diaper. Thankfully, my car usually has wipes floating around in it somewhere and a spare diaper or two, just in case. Fun post.
What a great bag. I actually really like that it has those compartments inside...nice! I just cleaned out mine the other week. It is amazing what collects in there. Oh, and I noticed that we have the same cell phone..how fun.
I love it, your bag is much cleaner than mine, and I am impressed you have got through all JA books with one exception! I've read Sense and Sensiblity and an on Mansfield Park but this week has thrown me for a loop and I can't read, just watch my baby breath.!HAHA! are you loving the movies on pbs? What has been your favorite? so far persuation or northanger abby would have to be my favorites. I thought Fanny was a little annoying on Mansfield park.
Cute bag too - and what a great deal to find it on sale!!
Fun idea! I think I am going to do this and tag some of my friends!! I am a little concerned on what I am going to find in my purse though! Should be fun!
I LOVED this post!! I have been bag tagged multiple times and you made me excited to actually answer the call to the bag-tagging :) I'm just afraid as to what I will find. The way you write cracks me up! I have multiple bags as well...it made me laugh when you said you this was one of many bag you had :).
aren't those bibs the best? We will only use those bibs they clean up well, last a long time and have a little trough for the spillage :)
Love it!! Great bag!!! I love bags too!!
I love this post! That's a way cute bag, and I totally miss hearing about all of your amazing bargain finds, I still don't know how you find all that you do! I second the motion to have your sister make a mockumentary of black friday - that would be so funny! And I have to say that my purse has a lot of the same things in it - but not as many diapers, you definitely are prepared! :)
And after we talked with you guys Anna said in her prayers that she was thankful she could isight with her friend Ella in Texas, I thought that was so sweet. We love you guys!
Your bag is really cute and amazingly clean. It's amazing what moms end up carrying around! I'm also impressed that you've gotten through the Jane Austen books. So great!
Great idea for a blog. And you are brave to be so honest. I am a neat freak too, but I tend to struggle with my diaper bag and purse too. They get a bit messier than most of my life. Ben teases me sometimes about drawers as well, but no one's perfect. BTW: Loved knowing about the grapes too.
Um if I dumped my purse out there would be crumbs, coins, and receipts everywhere! way to be organized and ready!
I am impressed! Did you clean the items before photographing? My diapers are always bunched up.
Post a Comment