Ella started second grade this year with Mrs. DeFelice, who is so calm and sweet. Ella has already come home with all sorts of art papers that say "I love Mrs. DeFelice." And she has become incredibly responsible. Every morning she wakes up with her own alarm, wakes up her sisters, makes her bed and unloads the dishwasher all without reminders. She also manages her homework and piano practice without any nagging from me! We are really pleased with our second grader.
Finally, I think Dessie may be my most excited child to start school. She LOVES preschool and Miss Michelle. Every morning she wakes up and asks me if it is her day for preschool. She jumps and shouts for joy when it is and then runs around trying to decide what to bring for show and tell. She is also officially a very big girl. After a struggle to potty-train with all our travel over the summer, we buckled down and she is now diaper-free, Dora underwear every day all day! On non-preschool days, Dessie is my little buddy at home. Of course, when I say to her: "Are you my best buddy?" She says, "No, I'm a big girl." She and I are having a great time though.






No comments:
Post a Comment