1. Don't dump sand all over your sister's head. That's just not good manners.
2. Stop picking your nose and definitely do not eat your boogers.
3. Don't pick up the bug. Yucky! Please do NOT put it in your mouth. (Sorry no picture)
4. You are a big girl now, please stop crying or you'll have to finish up your cry in the bathroom.
5. Please don't decapitate the baby. It's not nice.
6. Your bedspread is not your personal canvas and permanent markers are only for mommies.
7. Ketchup is not a main dish--eat the french fry too.
8. The toilet is not a pool--stop playing in it!
9. Brooms are not weapons!
10. Thank you for not unrolling the entire roll (of toilet paper) this time.
I finally put myself in time-out! And yet, don't you just LOVE being a parent :)
Dedicated to Uncle Ben--who was in need of new photos!



16 comments:
OH I have used many of those sayings!! I love that I am not alone.
I've said all those things before, (excepting the baby-doll incident as we have no dollies in our house and I'm always reminding them what is NOT a weapon). It's funny to see them all listed together. I should work harder to remember and write down the really absurd ones!
So true! I bet cleaning all of that sand out of Kayla's hair was fun :) It's days like that that really give your patience a good work-out.
You sound like me!!! Glad to know I'm in good company.
sounds just like our house. I'm loving Ella's dress in the last picture! Where did you get it?
You are definitely NOT alone on those words! I just loved the pictures to go along with them.
I love it! How funny the things you say - my boys have both age bugs!
I say so many things just like that all day everyday I think :) I loved reading them because I could hear you saying them exactly :) I love the picture of Ella picking her nose, and I also think her dress is adorable! I love it. The best is when they start repeating the things we say like that just exactly the way we say them. I catch Anna telling Katie things like that and it is so funny. Like just this morning Katie was saying she had a poopie diaper by saying "poooooooop" and Anna says to her, "We don't talk about poop, that's gross" in a tone just like I do. Oh dear!
Isn't this the truth! I feel like most of my day I'm saying things just like this. I love that you remember to take photos of these moments. I'm usually too bugged to grab the camera. And you even captured a "nose picking" moment. You have a great attitude about mothering, Lauren.
I often stop after I have just said something and think...really? I shouldnt even have to say that!
can i be put in time out PLEASE!!!!
Uncle Ben doesn't need more photos of little girls. He needs to get his own!
Uncle Doug
I LOVED that post!! So classic! And they say KIDS say the darndest things! What about parents!? :) Thanks for the laugh!
Lauren, it sounds like you'd fit perfectly at my house. My sister (19 and single) chastised me the other day for saying, "I'll be right back. I have to go potty."
So funny and definitely true. Oh the things that change once we become moms! Ha ha!
That is alot of our house too. I asked Calli once normal twice Loudly, DONT PICK UP THE COCROACH!!
Post a Comment