Thursday, June 12, 2008

For someone special


Today is a unique day. It is a unique day because it is Father's Day and I am currently in AZ celebrating with my father and enjoying my brother's missionary farewell, while Stephen is in Texas. We tried to do an extra special Father's Day last Sunday, but it didn't have quite the same vibe, so I thought I'd do a special tribute on the blog as an added bonus!

So, here are a few things that make my husband one of the greatest people in the world as my companion and as the father of our children.

1. He does not mind if I move the furniture around once a month (or more), or if I decide to go crazy and paint the room a different color (again).
2. He tells the BEST (most imaginative) stories to Ella at night.
3. He intrigues us all with a large repertoire of "sounds."
4. He is quite possibly the best, expert haiku writer I know.
5. He really pulls through for me when I get sick.
6. He takes out the trash-bless him for that!
7. He makes budgeting fun! (OK, this one is a little facetious...but seriously, he is an awesome provider and really works hard to keep our family on track.)
8. He understands how crazy I am about attending book club and does his absolute best to make sure he can be around to watch the troops.
9. He never gets in the way of my creative vision (very important)
10. He is the peacemaker in this family of oftentimes hormonally challenged girls!

Happy Father's Day! (Did you enjoy the present treasure hunt?)

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads in our life and in yours. Enjoy this great day!

NOTE: Just FYI, I'll be taking a little hiatus from blogging for the next few weeks--forgot the USB port for my camera--but we are just at the beginning of vacation here and it already promises to have lots of fun pictures to share. See you all in a few weeks!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Father's Day Stephen. You are one of the best there is!!!

Heather said...

What a dad! He sounds a lot like Rick. Haiku and all. Enjoy your vacation! And the blogging break.

Lacey said...

What a great guy!! I'll miss your posts!! Have fun.

Debbie said...

We're both lucky to have great husbands. It's a true blessing. Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Roberts Fam said...

Happy Fathers day to a great father. Have a fun vacation!

Jane said...

We are blessed to have such great men in our lives!!! Have a fun time on your vacation. Can't wait to hear about it.

Sarah said...

I love that picture of Stephen and the girls and I totally agree with all of the items on your list - Stephen is a great guy and such a great dad. I would add will watch your children as well as your friends children so you can go shopping together! And have so much fun in Arizona!! We only missed you by a couple weeks! We have really got to plan this better ;)

PS - Anna thinks that Ella's pajamas are so beautiful, and she wanted Ella to know that :)

Shauna said...

Really starting to miss you guys around here....one more week until we can be distracted by vacation for one week...then life can go back to normal again!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post and tribute. I'm starting to feel bad that I was slacking this year and didn't get anything at all put up for father's day, and not much for Eric's birthday either! I'll have to do a random tribute sometime to quelch my guilt. :)
You and Stephen are great together and you both make great parents!!

Unknown said...

I am an old friend of Stephen's and I have a favor to ask. My little sister Sallie really wants to be able to read Cherin's blog but she is set as private. Sallie doesn't have a blog of her own, but if you could ask Cherin to invite me to hers they can keep in touch that way. Thanks, Holly (Jacobson)

Devin, Natalie, Zachary, Katelyn said...

Lauren,

I hope you are having a great trip. We'll have to go to dinner together when we're all back from vacation. I hope the Rollins move here too, that would be fun. Feel free to put us on your blog list....I have you on ours and I didn't ask! I hope thats ok! Have a great trip.

Natalie