Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kindergarten Graduate!


Well, we made it through the whole school year. I wasn't sure after that first week whether or not it would be a positive experience or not. Ella loved being at school, but as she is NOT a morning person, it was very difficult to get her there. And after school, she always seemed tired and ornery. After celebrating the 100th day of kindergarten, she asked me if she was done with school....I had to inform her that she was just at the beginning of a lifetime of schooling. Poor kiddo. Just a note to all the parents out there...things did improve in the early morning department when we bought Ella her own alarm clock. She enjoyed the responsibility of setting it herself and waking up on her own. We experienced far less tears that way...that was an eye-opening lesson on agency for me. Anyway, I was happy to welcome the summer where I can spend more time with my Ella. I was missing having her around. We kicked off the celebration with a movie night on the big screen at our neighbors. And as a family we enjoyed watching slideshows of Ella's kindergarten class Kayla's preschool class that I helped put together. What a great year, full of accomplishments and fun!






No comments: