Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween


We love Halloween! I just miss the more malleable days...

Conversation in September
Mom: Ella, what do you want to be for Halloween this year?
Ella: Hmmm...
Mom: Would you like to be part of a train with the whole family?
Ella: Sure.

Conversation in October (After Ella discovers Sleeping Beauty)
Mom: Ella, I think I will make our train costume today. Won't that be cool?
Ella: I'm not going to be a train. I am going to be Sleeping Beauty.
Mom: But, don't you want to match the family?
Ella: No way. I am going to be a Princess.
Mom: Sigh (and rethinking the homemade costume idea)

Conversation in Late October (After the church trunk-or-treat)
Mom: Ella, you sure looked pretty tonight as Princess Aurora.
Ella: I know.

Conversation a few days before Halloween
Mom: Did you know that you get to dress up for your preschool party tomorrow?
Ella: I don't want to be Sleeping Beauty anymore.
Mom: Oh, well do you want to be a train now?
Ella: No. I want to see what other costumes we have.

1 hour later.
Ella: I want to be the pink kitty cat.
Mom: But Ella, you wore that costume when you were 18 months old and it is a little tight and a little floody in the wrong places.
Ella: I want to be a cat!!!


So there you have it. Here are pictures of Ella two years ago and Ella today as a kitty cat. I think you will enjoy the binky in the first photo...she had stolen it from baby Kayla.




10 comments:

brittany said...

they look so cute! don't you just love the indecisiveness of toddlers, she looks adorable in both costumes.

Crystal said...

Love the costumes especially the lily pads. You are so creative! That is so funny that Ella wanted to wear the tiny kitty outfit.

Sarah said...

Oh I love your Ella! :) She is too cute! I love her costumes, love the family costumes of the princess, frog and lily pads. I love how you guys always dress up. I love Ella's spunk that she just had to be the kitty, though. Oh she makes me laugh :)

Doug Lewis said...

Awesome costumes!!! I especially loved the green theme

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Good thinking on the lilly pads. I might have to copy you guys next year.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Looks like you really went the extra mile in the costume dept. this year! Love the lily pads btw! VERY clever!

Debbie said...

This gave me the giggles. That little Ella makes me laugh! I am finding my kids are less malleable about costumes as they get older, but it's all good. Being a Mom seems to be centered around giving up control and being flexible - hard lessons for me.

I loved seeing Ella in the same costume at different ages. So fun! You guys are always so clever at Halloween. You all look great!

Unknown said...

Way to be flexible Lauren! I think I would have forced my child to be part of the train or to at least stick to the one costume! Good parenting!

Jane said...

Darling costumes! Love the mother-daughter conversations.

Dana said...

You all looked so cute for Halloween!