First off, we have learned that summer in Dallas does crazy things to our hair in this family. You have to love this picture of Kayla's cute curls though :)
And then, we have been doing some very fun things to our house. In this picture of Ella, in the background you can probably see that we had our cabinets painted...now if I could just replace the countertops, floors, lighting, door handles and add some hardware, my kitchen would be perfect!! (he he) Stephen and I have also been spending our Friday night dates painting--that's right a "paint date." Before you laugh, we actually had a great time watching dvds on our mini dvd player plus we got a lot done. We have now painted both living rooms, a bathroom and the entry way (very difficult with only one near disaster occurring on the two-story ladder). I also modpodged my desk top and I think it looks pretty cute--what do you guys think?
Naturally, what is summer without a LOT of friends and this very obviously leads to many costume changes in this family :)
And August is an important month for our family because we celebrate our anniversary--now 6 years on August 17th. Just a couple of kids back then, don't you think?

We have an anniversary tradition where we celebrate our "family birthday" together with a special dinner, apple cider and birthday candles. I think it's a very fun way for our kids to celebrate our marriage. Plus, we watch our wedding movie together with popcorn. Ella loved it this year, she was mad when I turned it off!
And most recently, we have had some visitors come through to experience Reber Regency. My brother Ben is driving cross country to New York to begin his PhD at Cornell (How many of you thought of 'The Office' just now?) and he decided to make a stop through. Plus, to add to the fun, my sister-in-law, Annie and nephew Callin decided to make it a party by driving up from Houston to see Ben off as well. We really enjoyed having them around--except that it makes me sad that we don't have family closer (thank goodness that Doug and Annie live so near!)
Whew, you made it!!



14 comments:
Summers are always so crazy it seems. You look so beautiful in your wedding pictures. Happy Anniversary.
thanks for the update. you sure stay busy with all your "projects". good for you!!
I never realized we were married on the same day, one year apart! Happy anniversary. Oh, and I love your desk, good work!
That desk looks great. Happy Anniversary too! You guys look so cute and young in the picture! Love it! I bet you will be a little happy when sept rolls around and it cools down a little!
What fun!! I wish Rob and I could find fun in painting like you two seemed to. I LOVED the desk!! So cool! You are amazing!
I can't believe Kayla's hair. It is so cute!
Happy Anniversary! What a great tradition! And what a fun summer, I can't believe it is almost september....almost time for your birthday!
Kayla's curls are adorable! Your desk is darling and I'm sure the rest of your house and projects are so cute too. And I am sure that you'll never really be done.... ;) Much to Stephen's dismay I am sure! haha. You just have too many great ideas! :) And happy anniversary! You guys are so cute and you look so pretty in your wedding pictures. And young! Isn't that crazy that we got older? I feel like we haven't. I LOVE the tradition of celebrating the start of your family. What a great thing to do together. And I also wish we lived closer to family, that's so fun that your brother is so much closer now, though!
Okay, just one last thing ;) I just started These Is My Words, have you read it? I am LOVING it. I have even thought a couple times while reading that I think you would really like it too :)
I know what you mean about trying to find time to blog this summer. Happy Anniversary! What a great tradition to start as a family. I love Kayla's curly hair. So cute!!
What a great end of the summer post you did! So proud of you!
Glad you reminded me that we are on 6 years too! Ours is in just a few days!
Love your "paint dates"!!! We have had a couple but need to have a lot more of those at our house.
I love the desk, Lauren. Your paint dates have inspired me to schedule a few of my own.
Kayla is getting such cute curls. I can't believe how her hair has grown too. Your cabinets look great and your desk is so clever. Your constant energy amazes me!
It was fun seeing your wedding photo too - you guys don't look that different - still totally cute and hip!
Looks like a fine summer at your house. Your girls are so cute and seem so grown up. We drove by your old place today and Trey said he really missed Ella...I didn't know if he even still remembered her. So cute.
Post a Comment